We’re happy to announce that the truvi mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) is EMV-ready. This means that you can purchase EMV compatible hardware and begin accepting chip card transactions as of today. Our new EMV readers will accept Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and other NFC-based payment methods. And as an added bonus, you can elect to use one merchant ID for online sales and a separate merchant ID for in-person point-of-sale transactions. This has been a frequently requested feature and we’re happy to announce that it’s live with our upgrade to EMV-enabled payments.
By now you’re likely very familiar with the U.S.’s transition to the more secure EMV payment standard. At this point in time, nearly all consumers have chip-and-PIN cards and as of December, 60% of transactions are “chip-on-chip”, or in other words, chip cards processed by merchants using EMV-enabled technology.
truvi offers the most secure EMV solution available. Rather than capturing and passing credit card information to the payment gateway, we pass order details to the devices, which then use Point-to-Point Encryption to pass sensitive information directly to the payment gateway. truvi, in turn, receives tokens and transaction IDs, which will then allow you to add cards to the customer record, process orders, or issue refunds and voids (including same day).
Here's a high-level list of features:
- Multiple Payment Methods: Your tasting room visitors can swipe, use a chip card, or pay with a mobile wallet like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay
- Dual Merchant Accounts: Take advantage of better rates for in-person orders by using one merchant ID for online sales and a separate merchant ID for POS transactions
- Connect Through a Variety of Options: Our compatible devices connect wirelessly, through Bluetooth, or wired to iPhone, iPad and Android devices running the truvi Point-of-Sale
- Tipping: A configurable tipping screen allows for tipping if desired • Greeting: Write your own welcome and thank you messages
- Security: As with our online transactions, we use tokenization to ensure the safety of sensitive customer data
You can visit our customer portal and knowledge base for more specific information about getting started.
Also, if you plan to be at the DTC Symposium later this month or at the Oregon Wine Symposium in February, be sure to stop by for a demo of our EMV-enabled mobile Point-of-Sale.